Tuesday 4 November 2008

What could this mean?

As I'm presenting at a British council conference in Madrid this weekend, I've been researching Voki and Voicethread and uses thereof.

I'll post my presentation and notes etc after the event, but this particular Voicethread made by Silvia Tolisano aka Langwitches came to mind and I thought I'd share it now as I think it's genius!

Basically, there are many photos contributed by people from around the world of something that is particular to their country - could be a tradition, a habit, a routine, a custom - in order to promote intercultural dialogue about our similarities and differences. People are invited to contribute - see the whatcoulditmean wiki for details - by uploading photographs and also by surmising what the photos might mean!

A simple idea but great fun and thought provoking too.

1 comments:

Thank you for revisiting the "What could it mean?" VoiceThread. The project is ongoing and I would like to invite your readers to visit the VoiceThread with their students and leave their unique perspectives as comments.

Two new images have been just added and are waiting for their first comments. We would love more images from countries around the world showing different traditions, habits or customs. Maybe you and your students can contribute?

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online