Monday 21 January 2008

EdTechRoundup podcast


Whilst at the Teachmeet at BETT this year I witnessed Doug Belshaw announcing the official launch of EdTechRoundup.

As Tom Barrett puts it on his blog, ' EdTechRoundup is a place where a group of UK-based educators come together for discussion and collaboration around the use of technology in education. We believe in pedagogically-sound uses of educational technology, but don't believe in ramming Web 2.0 (or anything else for that matter) down people's throats'
'Our aim is to deliver common sense advice and guidance that is practical to teachers - much of what we will talk about has been tried and tested with our classes. The shows will be hosted by two different people each week - to see who is involved please visit the contacts page on the wiki.' that you listen in too.


The first edition of the podcast went live last week. It is hosted by David Noble (who I have met) and Sinclair McKenzie (who I have virtually met) and features a short interview with Joe Dale on reasons to use blogs in the classroom. I had a chance to tune in yesterday and would recommend that you do too.

I particularly liked the discussion of www.classtools.net , a site I had heard of and meant to use but never got around to it! I was reminded of it at Teachmeet where the fruit machine was used to pick the order of presenters. The site offers the opportunity to create free games, activities and diagrams using Flash and is well worth an explore. I've already input the names of all the classes I'm teaching at the moment into random name picker and hope the kids will enjoy seeing their names spinning - and it'll also save me being accused of only picking the children in my house!


Anyway - listen to the podcast and find out about this, and much much more. You can listen to it via the blog or through an iTunes feed.

Episode 2, presented by Tom Barrett and John Johnston will be available soon so stay tuned to learn more!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online